It’s Sonny Jim’s birthday next week… but he’s made a bit of an early start on the terrible twos.
The tantrums and the oh-so-dramatic tears would actually be pretty funny if, a) they weren’t so loud and b) it wasn’t my child doing it.
I know I’m not the only mama who is trying to navigate their way through their days without triggering a scene that would leave the Hunk looking like a calm and rational being.
So, in the spirit of solidarity, here are some of the reasons my child has cried this week…
- The washing machine stopped
- I wouldn’t turn the street lights on
- I gave him his lunch (he wanted his lunch)
- I didn’t let him stand in dog poo
- The washing basket didn’t fit in the washing machine
- I gave him a green spoon. Not the blue spoon.
- The dog walked past him.
- I broke his biscuit in half
- I gave him a biscuit that wasn’t broken in half
- Someone ate the whole bag of crisps (it was him)
- I wouldn’t put his two-sizes -too-small shoes on him
- I shut the curtains
- His sock came off (he took it off)
- I put an empty cereal box in the bin
- I went to the loo
- He sneezed
- The lady in the shop said hello
- A raindrop landed on his hand
- The oven ate his dinner
PS If you were in Irma’s, Leigh, the other afternoon when Sonny Jim decided highchairs were some kind of torture device and that I was clearly trying to poison him with the super tasty bambino pizza I do apologise. And I’d also like to add it was his idea to eat nothing but a slice of dry white bread for supper… not mine!